Applications shall be submitted at least 14 days prior to proposed filming activity.
- WDC Commercial Filming Permit Application
- Paid Fees
- Certificate of Insurance
User Fee: $350
Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
Certificate of Insurance:
Must have Waterfront Development Corporation and Louisville Metro Government listed as additional insured.
Please review Terms and then fill out the application below.
To see photos and details of each venue, go to www.louisvillewaterfront.com/venues.
- By signing this application, the applicant agrees to comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, ordinances, and regulations, and Waterfront Park’s rules, regulations, and policies.
- Prior to the scheduled event date(s), the applicant shall submit a Certificate of Insurance to WDC for approval, which lists both Louisville Metro Government and Waterfront Development Corporation as additional insureds. The amount of insurance coverage required is determined by WDC on a case-by-case basis.
- At all times the applicant or its representatives are filming or conducting other operations in Waterfront Park, the applicant shall ensure its operations do not cause a hazard or nuisance to other visitors in Waterfront Park, including but not limited to maintaining clear passageways along walkways and at building entrances, and properly securing cords and other equipment.
- Any materials brought in to Waterfront Park by the applicant or its representatives, including trash, shall be removed from Waterfront Park immediately upon conclusion of operations. All areas utilized in the applicant’s operations shall be left in the condition in which they were found.
- Structures, sets or other props (other than hand-held) are not allowed without express prior approval of WDC.
- No tree, shrub or other plant material may be trimmed, pruned, altered or removed.
- Because of irrigation lines, staking is not permitted. If permission is granted to install tents, equipment, sets, props (etc.) they must be secured by sand bags, water barrels or other approved manner. Nothing may be attached or tied down to any structure, park bench, tree etc. without prior approval of WDC.
- The applicant acknowledges that the primary purpose of a park is to serve the public. If permission is granted to temporarily exclude the public from certain areas for production purposes, the applicant shall use the utmost courtesy in doing so. WDC may require the applicant to post temporary signs with the applicant’s name, contact information, time and duration of the closure at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled closure.
- By signing this application, the applicant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend WDC and Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government, their elected and appointed officials, employees, agents and successors in interest from all claims, damages, losses and expenses including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting, directly or indirectly, from the applicant’s (or applicant’s representatives and subcontractors, if any) operations in Waterfront Park provided that such claim, damage, loss, or expense is: (1) attributable to personal injury, bodily injury, sickness, death, or to injury to or destruction of property, including the loss of use resulting therefrom, or breach of contract, and (2) not caused by the negligent act or omission or willful misconduct of WDC and the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government or its elected and appointed officials and employees acting within the scope of their employment. This provision shall in no way be limited by any financial responsibility or insurance requirements and shall survive the termination of this agreement.