The Waterfront Development Corporation (WDC) will auction individual boat slips for use during Thunder Over Louisville on April 22, 2017. Slips will be assigned to successful bidders based on the amount of bid, size of vessel, and date the bid is received in the WDC office. The Waterfront Development Corporation reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
The following information will be required for your successful bid:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- The size of your vessel — both overall length and width;
- The name of your vessel and registration number (if applicable); and
- The dollar amount you bid for use of a slip during Thunder 2017.
Please send this information to:
Waterfront Development Corporation
129 East River Road
Louisville, KY 40202
Or email Catherine.Nelson@louisvilleky.gov.
All bids must be received before 1pm on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
Terms for use of boat dock slips for auction winners for Thunder Over Louisville on April 22, 2017:
- The permit issued by Waterfront Development Corporation (WDC) must be displayed on a bow-facing window in view for inspection at all times.
- Vessels must be in the harbor before 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 22, 2017. No pleasurecraft will be allowed to cross under the Big Four® Bridge after 10:30 a.m. on the 22nd.
- Once moored in the harbor, no vessel will be allowed to leave until the river has been opened to traffic (estimated to be 11:00 p.m.).
- As a security measure, each boat may be boarded and inspected once docked in the harbor.
- The first outside dock (pier) is reserved for emergency vessels only. Activities other than enforcement/rescue may not occur on that dock.
- No lawn chairs or other furniture may be placed on docks.
- Occupants of a vessel may stay on the vessel in the Harbor noon Friday, April 21, 2017 until 3:00 p.m. Sunday, April 23, 2017.
- WDC will control access to the docks. Winning bidders will not be allowed more guests on board than the number of persons their boat is allowed, as determined by WDC. WDC reserves the right to regulate each winning bidder’s party size based on the number of boats to be accommodated, the size of the boats, and overall safety.
- This permit does not authorize any banners or advertising in the Harbor.
- WDC reserves the right to distribute the power that is available on the dock.
- Neither electrical power nor water are guaranteed at the docks.
- VIOLATIONS OF THESE CONDITIONS OR OF ANY LAW ARE CAUSE FOR PERMIT REVOCATION.