You still have time to register your kids (ages 7-12) for the LVA Summer Art Camp – Waterfront Adventures!
There are two sessions:
- July 22-26, 9:30am – 4:00pm
- July 29 – August 2, 9:30am – 4:00pm
Both are taught by Elizabeth Foley, and the cost is $230.
You can register here: www.louisvillevisualart.org/summer-camp-registration
In addition, volunteers are needed for the Louisville Visual Art Summer Camps.
This is a great chance to get teaching experience, volunteer hours and community service, and makes for a great line on a resume! Classes are held at Holy Trinity Clifton Campus (the former Clifton Center), Yew Dell Botanical Garden and Waterfront Development Corporation. Volunteers can learn about the different camps Louisville Visual Art will be offering online here.
Summer Camp Volunteer Age Guidelines
- LVA offers camps to students aged 7-10 and would like these volunteers to be age 15 and older.
- And LVA offers camps to older students aged 7-12 and 11-14 years, we would like these volunteers to be age 16 and older.
Summer camp volunteer responsibilities include:
- Commit to a full week (half day time slots) to build relationships with staff and campers.
- Offer support & assistance to camp attendees on their various projects (i.e. helping younger campers use glue guns and other tools, etc.).
- Support summer camp coordinator/instructors in set-up, clean-up and maintaining a tidy classroom.
- Being an energetic leader and a positive role model!
If this sounds like something you would be interested in you can sign up online here.