JUNETEENTH JUBILEE AT WATERFRONT PARK HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO JULY 28, 2019 due to forecast of severe weather for June 19. Revised details will be shared as they develop.
For complete event details including a list of entertainers, visit the Juneteenth Jubilee calendar listing.
Join us for the Juneteenth Jubilee celebration this Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
- 7:30pm: The public is invited to gather at the KFC Yum! Center Plaza, 2nd & Main Streets
- 8:00pm: March to the Lincoln Memorial (a distance of approximately 1 mile)
- 8:30pm: The celebration at the Lincoln Memorial begins
- 9:15pm: The event will conclude with a beautiful sunset over the Ohio River
Umbrellas are permitted, tents are not permitted. Food, beverages, and crafts will be available for purchase at the Lincoln Memorial beginning at 7:30pm.
TARC will provide a free circulating shuttle at 15 minute intervals from 8:15-9:45pm between the Lincoln Memorial, the Green Parking Lot (adjacent to the Great Lawn), and Yum! Plaza at 2nd & Main. Shuttle stops are indicated by a red t on the route map below (printable version here). Parking is also available at locations indicated on the map. (Please note that the Wharf Parking Lot is paid parking.)
TARC is also providing a free shuttle from the Parkland Boys and Girls Club at 3200 Greenwood Avenue, Louisville, KY 40211, on the following schedule:
- 7:00pm – Shuttle leaves Parkland Boys and Girls Club for the parade site at Yum! Plaza
- 7:30pm – Shuttle leaves Parkland Boys and Girls Club for the parade site at Yum! Plaza
- 9:15pm – After the performance (approximately 9:15pm), shuttle leaves Lincoln Memorial to return to Greenwood Avenue
- 9:45pm (If needed) – Last shuttle will leave Lincoln Memorial for Greenwood Avenue
All shuttles are generously sponsored by TARC free of charge in support of this community event.