Planning Your Event in Waterfront Park
Waterfront Park is the community gathering place. With 85 acres of public green space along the river's edge, Louisville Waterfront Park offers uniquely scenic views of the Louisville Metro skyline and the Ohio River. The "front door to Louisville" hosts hundreds of events year round.
Individuals, corporations and charitable non-profit groups come together to plan events ranging from family reunions, weddings, company picnics, concerts, and festivals, to walkathons and major sporting events.
If you're looking to plan an event of your own, you've come to the right place. Look over our event checklist at left, and then get started by looking at our Permits and Fee Schedules Page.
If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please contact us at 502.574.3768.
FIRST: Learn About Waterfront Park
1. Determine the type of event you wish to host in Waterfront Park or on the Belvedere and then review the information on permits, fees, and due dates on the Permits and Fee Schedules page.
View Permits and Fee Schedules Page
2. Find out where you'd like to hold your planned event by consulting our venue information.
see venue information
NEXT: Application Process/Check List
Read through all steps below and then make sure you complete the following:
1. If this is your first event at Waterfront Park or the Belvedere, please prepare a list of 3 or more references. For large-scale events or those open to the public, please include examples of prior event planning experience.
2. Complete the Waterfront Park/Belvedere special Event Permit Application.
6. Include a Layout Map of your event.
7. Include a Load-In Schedule (see a sample here).
NOTE: After your event has been approved and added to our calendar of events, don't forget to submit a finalized Load-In Schedule and Site Map closer to the date.