162.48C-D DESIGN GUIDELINES
- Metro Ordinance no. 66-2004
- 162.40 Wro District Boundaries
- 162.41 Definitions
- 162.42 Development Activity/plans
- 162.43 Principles/Guidelines
- 162.44 Admin/Implementation
- 162.45 Exempt Activities
- 162.46 Permit Reqs and Appeal
- 162.47 Permit Agreements
- 162.48a Design Guidelines
- 162.48b Design Guidelines
- 162.48C-d Design Guidelines
- 162.98 Severability
- 162.99 Penalty
- Addendum 1
checklist: information needed to process application
The following standards shall apply only within the WRO sub-areas:
- 1. Standards specific to Areas A-1 and A-2:
- a. Strong access connections between Main Street and the waterfront should be maintained.
- b. The urban grid of streets and sidewalks should be extended into the areas in a logical and appropriate manner to achieve a physical and perceptual relationship between the CBD and the waterfront.
- c. Individual buildings and structures should be situated in relation to the existing urban grid and historic context.
- 2. Standards specific to Area B: Dock construction should be developed to meet recreational needs, with floating docks using support masts designed as an integral part of the overall appearance. Covered slips should not be permitted for the typical boat slips.
- 3. Standards specific to Area C-1:
- a. Landscape and/or siting shall screen industrial and other uses from River Road and the river's view.
- b. Chain-link fence may be used for security reasons but shall be sufficiently landscaped where visible from public areas and the river.
The Corporation, or any body to which it has delegated responsibility for technical reviews of development plans under this subchapter may adopt additional standards consistent with the policies and standards established herein for the purpose of interpreting and supplementing the policies and standards established by this subchapter.